A unique opportunity is available to have a direct contribution to the success of a faced paced and rapidly growing cosmetic company located in Laguna Beach, CA.
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for managing and optimizing levels of inventory while overseeing the supply of components/raw materials/Finished Goods for ILIA Beauty to support the production plan. This position will build and execute ordering strategies to encourage swift turnaround, minimal cost, on time schedules to sustain inventory at planned levels. This will be achieved by building and leveraging strong relationships with Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Operations and Suppliers to deliver on time and quality inventory.
- Analyze and send monthly Purchase Orders and Work Orders to Suppliers
- Responsible in monitoring forecast changes and partner with contracted manufacturers to support any business needs
- Work closely with Sales and Demand Planning teams to ensure orders are placed in time to maintain healthy inventory level
- Work closely with contract manufacturers on production timelines and capacity planning.
- Anticipate and inform on any supply issues to minimize impact
- Work on medium term strategy with suppliers to ensure awareness of any capacity issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Formalize working processes
- Key indicators
- Monitoring of Supply performance
- Assist in specialized projects as needed.
- Represents Ilia Beauty professionally and in a manner that is consistent with Ilia’s core values
- Adhere to Ilia’s policies, procedures, products, programs and services
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience Procurement / Planning
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Good understanding of MRP
- Production knowledge with understanding of manufacturing environment
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills required with strong analytical abilities, at minimum must be able to use VLOOKUP and create functional pivot tables
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this job position title in the subject line with your resume attached.
ILIA makes clean skin-centric beauty. We see skincare and makeup as one and believe that skin should look like skin. With transparency as our guide and color as our vehicle, we challenge the conventions of clean beauty to create something radically new, through safe, groundbreaking formulas that protect + revive the skin. Headquartered in Laguna Beach, California, ILIA brings together a strong group of innovative thinkers, rule-breakers and creative problem solvers. We pave the way forward as the leading clean makeup brand in what is being called the Clean Beauty Revolution. Fast paced growth provides constant learning, collaborative teamwork, and the desire to be the best at what you do. We celebrate taking risks and doing what hasn’t been done before.
Reports to the Director of Supply Chain