Head of People
Head of People
We are searching for a Head of People reporting to the VP of Finance. As the first Human Resources hire, you will be responsible for all things HR from managing the recruiting process and keeping ILIA compliant with employment laws to overseeing employee benefits and the annual review process. As our new Head of People at ILIA, you must be passionate, organized, dedicated, forward-thinking, and can inspire the wider organization. Position based in Laguna Beach, CA [temporarily remote due to pandemic].
- Lead corporate recruiting through the entire lifecycle from partnering with department heads to identify business needs [full time vs. consultant/freelance], executing the search and successfully on-boarding including all necessary documentation and system setup.
- Lead the design and execution of employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve skills, leadership competencies, communication, and effectiveness
- Oversee and administer employee benefits programs including external relationships (ex: Paycom, Insurance Brokers); assists employees with benefit claim administration
- Lead and continue to refine the annual performance review process
- Ensure company stays up to date and compliant with constantly changing federal, state and local employment laws as the company continues to grow
- Ensure that company stays up to date on industry HR trends & themes and apply them to current processes and benefits offerings
- Build and implement organizational development strategies that reinforce our values, culture and team spirit during a time when working remote is the norm
- Oversee employee engagement initiatives; identify new ways to acknowledge company & individual achievements
- Be a champion for our culture and ensure alignment between employee benefit strategy & morale and the company mission / goals
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in either Human Resources Management or Business
- PHR or SRHM-CP certification required
- 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources Partner or HR Generalist supporting multiple department heads, staff development, employee relations and new process design/implementation/enhancement
- A strong understanding of general Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and procedures
- Experience with cloud based HRIS/HCM/Payroll systems desired; experience with Paycom a plus
- Familiarity cloud-based collaboration tools a plus (ex: Dropbox, Google G Suite)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, a thorough attention to details, self-motivated and the ability to autonomously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial and proactive spirit.
To apply, please email email@example.com with this job position title in the subject line with your resume attached.
ILIA makes clean skin-centric beauty. We see skincare and makeup as one and believe that skin should look like skin. With transparency as our guide and color as our vehicle, we challenge the conventions of clean beauty to create something radically new, through safe, groundbreaking formulas that protect + revive the skin. Headquartered in Laguna Beach, California, ILIA brings together a strong group of innovative thinkers, rule-breakers and creative problem solvers. We pave the way forward as the leading clean makeup brand in what is being called the Clean Beauty Revolution. Fast paced growth provides constant learning, collaborative teamwork, and the desire to be the best at what you do. We celebrate taking risks and doing what hasn’t been done before.