ILIA is a clean color pioneer. This beautiful, vivid brand's formulas have roots in organic bases, layered with performance-driven ingredients, each of which was carefully chosen for impact and effect. The result? Innovative formulas, products you can trust, and skin that looks and feels alive.
We are poised for incredible growth as the Clean Makeup category gains momentum industry-wide. Based in beautiful Laguna Beach, CA, we believe that balance and transparency apply not only to our products, but in the way we treat our employees and one another. We are a casual, happy and incredibly motivated group – we actually enjoy what we do! If you are interested in contributing your skills to our brand, we would love to hear from you!
The Staff Accountant role is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with day-to-day accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivables, accounts payables, account reconciliations and more. Utilizing internal data management systems, the Staff Accountant will also assist with recording, tracking and analyzing certain revenue and expense items.
Essential Job Junctions and Duties
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position, or needed to meet company needs. Additional initiatives may be identified in the Company’s performance review process.
- Accounts receivable – Manage and accurately record daily deposits. Manage weekly follow up on open balances with customers. Facilitate and coordinate proper gathering of state resale certificates and other AR related duties.
- Accounts payable – 3 way matching of invoices, Invoice entry and vendor payments. Monitor, analyze and record credit card transactions, review and record employee expenses as per the company policy. Accurately reporting and making payments of sales tax to appropriate state authorities.
- Payroll – support processing and recording of payroll, benefits etc. Assist with collecting new hire packets and other required documents. Respond to employee information requests in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Assist Accounting Manager with recording month end closing journal entries
- Perform various GL account reconciliations, as needed
- Maintain positive relationship with customers and vendors
- Assist in specialized projects as needed.
- Represents Ilia Beauty professionally and in a manner that is consistent with Ilia’s core values
- Adhere to Ilia’s policies, procedures, products, programs and services
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Accounting with a basic understanding of GAAP.
- Experience with Quickbooks a huge plus.
- Advance Excel skills required, at minimum must be able to use VLOOKUP and create functional pivot tables
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a customer service mentality a must
- Must possess a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
Sounds like a good fit? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include a cover letter with salary requirements and explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to our success. Please reference “Staff Accountant” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls, no recruitment agencies, and no relocations. ILIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.