Staff Cost Accountant
Staff Cost Accountant
We are searching for a Staff Cost Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, to manage the day to day inventory control, costing, and 3PL cost reconciliations. Further to these core responsibilities, there will be additional ad hoc requests stemming from our incredible growth as a company. As our new Staff Cost Accountant at ILIA, you must be passionate, organized, dedicated, and forward-thinking. Position based in Laguna Beach, CA [temporarily remote due to pandemic].
- Manage, track and report inventory levels & landed costs by product line, SKU and warehouse location
- Review bill of material costs to ensure accuracy in creation of landed costs in the ERP, and investigate and resolve any variances
- Ensure product transfers are processed accurately and timely
- Track, report and resolve errors on inventory discrepancies
- Work with 3PL WMS systems to ensure inventory accuracy
- Review 3PL invoicing to ensure proper billing, classification and resolve any variances
- Responsible for month end close process for Cost of Goods & Logistics including all necessary pre-close task, accruals, reconciliations, and reporting
- Assist with Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable tasks as needed
- Partner with operations team to develop best practices, process maps, KPIs and the continued NetSuite integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; CPA a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in inventory / cost accounting required; experience in either the CPG industry or a manufacturing environment a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in public accounting a plus
- Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and GAAP
- Experience with ERP systems (ex: SAP/Oracle/Dynamics) required; experience with Oracle NetSuite and cloud-based solutions a plus
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Excel required and familiarity with other cloud-based collaboration tools a plus (ex: Dropbox, Google G Suite)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, a thorough attention to details and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial and proactive spirit.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this job position title in the subject line with your resume attached.
ILIA makes clean skin-centric beauty. We see skincare and makeup as one and believe that skin should look like skin. With transparency as our guide and color as our vehicle, we challenge the conventions of clean beauty to create something radically new, through safe, groundbreaking formulas that protect + revive the skin. Headquartered in Laguna Beach, California, ILIA brings together a strong group of innovative thinkers, rule-breakers and creative problem solvers. We pave the way forward as the leading clean makeup brand in what is being called the Clean Beauty Revolution. Fast paced growth provides constant learning, collaborative teamwork, and the desire to be the best at what you do. We celebrate taking risks and doing what hasn’t been done before.