ILIA is a clean color pioneer. This beautiful, vivid brands formulas have roots in organic bases, layered with performance-driven ingredients, each of which was carefully chosen for impact and effect. The result? Innovative formulas, products you can trust, and skin that looks and feels alive.
We are poised for incredible growth as the Clean Color category gains momentum industry-wide. We are seeking an experienced VP Sales that will have a key voice amongst senior management. They’ll be responsible for building the brand distribution strategy for the long term. In addition to having the know-how to build and execute 360-degree launch plans, having the analytics to deliver financial goals and the connections to build and directly manage and motivate the field team, they must be well liked and respected throughout the industry and have a good sense of humor! This position will report to the CEO.
ILIA is based in beautiful Laguna Beach, CA. We believe that balance, transparency apply not only to our products, but in the way we treat our employees and one another. We are a casual, happy and incredibly motivated group – we actually enjoy what we do! Recently funded by Silas Capital, we offer a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in contributing your analytical skills to our brand, we would love to hear from you.
- Establishes sales targets to meet company objectives and an annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Build and manage the P&L's assessing their strengths and weaknesses so that optimal decisions are made for the overall business.
- Create a culture of success and goal achievement and implement strategies which support the needs of the sales teams, operations and required resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Based on sales and finance data, will define sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Own and drive short and long-term strategies to meet and exceed company objectives; work with cross-functional partners to successfully integrate plans.
- Responsible for identifying sales growth opportunities and participating in negotiations to close strategic opportunities.
- Senior brand liaison for internal teams – inventory planning, education, creative, product development, and operations.
- Travel for in-person meetings with retailers and partners and to develop key relationships, resolve any high-level issues and maintain a strong knowledge of the retail partner's strategic plans.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of competitive activity and utilize information when creating account strategies.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Plans and execute advertising strategies.
- Supports the development of specific quarterly or annual sales goals.
- Own development of long-term forecasts; adjust forecasts as needed based on sales results in order to achieve business goals.
- Distribution Strategy
- Merchandising & Assortment Strategy
- Lead sampling planning to best maximize sales impact through product focused marketing initiatives.
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree; 10+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Passion for skincare / beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships
- Team builder who develops and coaches team members to reach their own professional goals
- Excellent at written and verbal skills
Sound like a good fit? Please send your resume to careers@ILIAbeauty.com and make sure to include a cover letter with salary requirements and explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to our success. Please reference “VP SALES” in subject line. Please, no phone calls, no recruitment agencies. ILIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.