Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40
Extra deep with cool undertones
Creative Test Product
- Skye ST.5 - Extra light with neutral undertones
- Rendezvous ST1 - Extra light with cool undertones
- Tulum ST2 - Very light with warm undertones
- Sombrio ST2.5 - Very light with warm olive undertones
- Balos ST3 - Very light with neutral cool undertones
- Formosa ST4 - Light with neutral warm undertones
- Bom Bom ST5 - Light with neutral undertones
- Ora ST6 - Light with warm undertones
- Kai ST6.5 - Light-medium with cool undertones
- Diaz ST7 - Light-medium with neutral undertones
- Shela ST8 - Light-medium with neutral warm undertones
- Paloma ST9 - Medium with neutral undertones
- Baikal ST9.5 - Medium with golden undertones
- Porto Ferro ST10 - Medium with warm undertones
- Matira ST11 - Medium with cool undertones
- Morgat ST11.5 - Medium with golden olive undertones
- Kokkini ST12 - Medium with neutral warm undertones
- Ramla Bay ST12.5 - Medium-deep with golden undertones
- Papakolea ST12.75 - Medium-deep with olive undertones
- Kamari ST13 - Medium-deep with neutral warm undertones
- Rialto ST13.5 - Deep with golden undertones
- Dominica ST14 - Deep with neutral undertones
- Honopu ST14.5 - Deep with olive undertones
- Porto Covo ST15 - Deep with neutral cool undertones
- Pavones ST16 - Very deep with cool undertones
- Jardin ST16.5 - Very deep with golden undertones
- Miho ST17 - Very deep with neutral cool undertones
- Perissa ST17.5 - Extra deep with golden undertones
- Roque ST18 - Extra deep with cool undertones
- Lovina ST19 - Extra deep with neutral undertones
Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 is an award-winning skin tint that delivers light coverage, potent skincare, and mineral SPF—all with a dewy finish for skin that looks and feels alive. With every wear, active levels of Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Plant-Based Squalane improve the appearance of dryness, blemishes, redness, wrinkles, and uneven tone. Plus, it’s vegan, non-comedogenic, safe for sensitive skin, and formulated without fragrance, gluten, oil, or silicone.
Not sure which shade to choose? Send a selfie for a personalized recommendation from our team in 24 hours. Returns and exchanges are always free.
Size: 1 fl oz | 30 ml
- True Skin Serum Foundation in Macquarie SF13
- True Skin Serum Concealer in Cacao SC9
- Best Blue Light Sunscreen, Health.com (2022)
- Top Pick Beauty Product, Travel + Leisure (2022)
- Best Natural Skin Tint, Prevention (2021)
- Best Complexion Product, The Editorialist (2021)
- Best of Green Beauty, TREEHUGGER (2021)
- Beauty Crush Awards, HELLOGIGGLES (2021)
- Best Light-Coverage Foundation, The Knot (2021)
- Best Clean Foundation, Allure (2020)
- Best Clean Foundation, Glamour (2020)
- Best Makeup with Clean Sunscreen, Elle (2020)
- Best Foundation, Byrdie Eco Beauty Awards (2020)
- Hottest Launches of 2020, OK! Magazine (2020)
- Best Tinted Moisturizer, Shape (2020)
- Beauty Innovator Award, Refinery29 (2020)
1% of Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 sales go toward our goal of planting 1 million trees by 2023 with 1% for the Planet.
Skin Tint is currently available to ship in the US and Canada only.
How to Use
Shake well before use.
Dispense a quarter-sized amount into palms and apply to skin like a serum.
For best results, apply to clean, bare skin. If your skin is dry, you can apply True Skin Radiant Priming Serum or a silicone-free moisturizer first.
Upon application, your shade will appear lighter to guide you in applying SPF. After 30-60 seconds, the formula will dry down and adjust to its true tone.
For a less dewy finish, set with Soft Focus Finishing Powder.
Because the formula contains no added fragrance, you may notice the natural scent of the ingredients. This scent will fade after application.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.0%
Aqua/Water/Eau, Squalane, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Isoamyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-3 Ricinoleate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Propanediol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Methylpropanediol, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Bisabolol, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Phenylpropanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
This product is formulated without Gluten.
- Do I need to apply skincare underneath?
We recommend applying the product to freshly cleansed skin. The formula is powered by active levels of skincare ingredients which provide excellent hydration. If your skin is extremely dry, try using a lightweight serum or oil underneath. Allow product to fully sink in before applying Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40, this will help prevent any pilling.
- What does Non-Nano Zinc Oxide mean?
Non-Nano Zinc Oxide is a safe physical form of sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Non-nano means that the product is not small enough to enter your bloodstream. The patent pending Non-Nano Zinc Oxide has an average particle size of 150 nanometers. This means it’s safe for the skin and the environment—it is the safest form of SPF.
- How long will SPF 40 protect me?
SPF 40 means that if your skin burns within five minutes of sun exposure, Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 will offer you 40X that time in the sun before burning. 40 x 5 minutes = 3+ hours in the sun without burning. To reapply protection, we suggest using the Radiant Translucent Powder SPF 20 instead of layering the Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40.
- How do you recycle the bottle?
The bottle can be recycled after use in a standard recycling bin. The dropper collar and cap can be recycled through TerraCycle's Zero Waste Box platform that is dedicated to recycling the hard-to-recycle. Learn more here.
- What kind of coverage does the Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 have? Is it buildable?
Light, dewy coverage. We do not recommend layering, as it may start to feel heavy.
- Can I apply with a makeup sponge?
We like to use our fingertips and apply like a skincare serum, though we have heard from some customers that they prefer applying with a makeup sponge.
- How much product should I use?
We recommend a quarter dropper, or enough to cover your face in a thin layer for proper SPF protection. For those with oily skin, we recommend setting with our Soft Focus Finishing Powder along the T-Zone.
- On the bottle, it states that you need to reapply this product every 2 hours. Should this be reapplied throughout the day?
Because this is makeup, we recommend you apply during your morning routine and if needed, boost your SPF throughout the day with Radiant Translucent Powder SPF 20.
- How do you apply ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint?
Shake your bottle of ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 well before use. Dispense a quarter-sized amount into your palms and apply to clean, bare skin like a serum.
- Is ILIA Skin Tint buildable?
ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 is not designed to be buildable. It provides light coverage with a dewy finish. For more coverage, we recommend pairing it with ILIA True Skin Serum Concealer.
Why We Love It
Your best skin—bottled. This superpowered skin tint combines makeup, skincare, and SPF into one seamless step.
- SAFE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
- FORMULATED WITHOUT GLUTEN
This do-it-all SPF is designed to be applied to clean skin. Try it alone first before adding in any skincare as a base—you might be surprised to find it’s all you need.
Bright Start Retinol Alternative Eye Cream
C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40
See It In Real Life
Reviews with photos or videos